Sunday, April 6, 2014

Just so y'all know...I'm Back!

Well, I suppose it's been 2 years too long. A few things to catch you up on since my oh-so-long hiatus from the blogging scene.

1. I have two new additions to my family. Charlie, who is now a year and 3 months old, and Grace who is almost one. They're my fur babies and probably 99% of the reason that I haven't been blogging. Raising 2 puppies simultaneously is challenging chaotic. Charlie is a German Shepherd and Grace is a chocolate lab (lovingly known as Little Chocolate, because bless her heart, she's half the size of Charlie).

My little nuggets!

2. My husband went back to being full-time Army. This creates it's own new struggles and chaos, but it was a great opportunity and it's given us a lot more freedom financially. In fact, this year we are actually getting to take a vacation (PRAISE THE LORD). And in true Southern fashion, we are going to Tybee Island, GA, with a stop along the way in my other favorite Southern mountain town - Asheville, NC.

3. I'm trying to get healthy. I try very hard to avoid the terms "lose weight" or "get more toned". While both of those are truly lovely goals, I just want to feel better in my own skin. I want more energy, I want to feel overall better, and I want to still be able to fit in my pants by my 30th birthday. Take note ladies, after 25 things start to not work as well as they used to… your metabolism being one of them. So from 2014 on, my goal is to stop eating like a poor college student (since I'm not anymore), workout more regularly, and make better choices for my life.

As I've been going through all of these life changes, I've asked google tons of questions. Some of them yielded results, like "how to potty train a puppy", but some have not, like "what's the best protein powder for people with acid reflux" or "what does the striped J. Crew Factory maxi dress look like on a human?!?!". That may sound strange, but the struggle is real, y'all. I can't tell you how many times I've hoped to stumble across someone's blog who tells it straight up, no sugar coating, here's-how-it-is.

Anyway, I decided in the last few months to start blogging again. It'll absolutely still have some of the same hilarity that occurs in my life, my very own Pinterest recipe reviews, and new favorite fashion finds, but I also want it to be a place for someone to someday find the answer to their google question. Like, "does Pur Minerals new wine makeup really work?" or "are kettlebell workouts easy?" I feel like sharing my various experiences will help other girls, like me, who are shamelessly trolling the internet for the answers to their first-world problems and general life questions.

Well my dears, I hope you like it! Or at least don't completely hate it...

1 comment: